Wednesday, July 17, 2013


Am I Enough?

“They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendor .”- Isa 61:3


This question has flooded my life the past few days and between media, others, books and more I feel like as women we are bombarded with the question “Am I enough.”  I have watched adorable women change, all because the “guy “ they have their eye on would want it this way. I have watched,  normally strong women, crumble at the glance of a guy looking there way. Why do we as women allow men to have this effect on us?  Simple… we desire to be loved. To be wanted. To be needed.  Our hearts were created for this. We were created to “naturally” want to please / worship someone or something. So as women, we will try everything and anything in the world to catch the eye of the guy we have a crush on. Sadly I have to admit I have been guilty of this as well and it breaks my heart when I watch sisters in Christ do it now. All they are asking the man is for him to affirm her. For him to say she is enough.  That she is pretty enough, thin enough, smart enough, lovely enough… and on and on. I just want to shout to each sweet sister and say “ You are enough” and there is a man who thinks that you are enough and you do not have to “beg” him to like you. He has unfailing love for you.  (Ps 18:50, Ps 31:16, Ps 33:5)

Beloved , God is the only one who can love anyone to wholeness. So if you are just sitting around waiting on some man to “make you complete” then you will be waiting and waiting, because no man can or ever will be able to give you that conclusion.  It is impossible for a man to do that and if we as women but that burden on men we are going to end up getting hurt the first time that a man lets us down. Man will fail us sweet sister, but God never will. Beloved all of this will fade away but He will not ( Isaiah 54:10) .  So before you start changing your darling self to make a man “happy” and to show him that you “are enough” remember that Christ already thought you were enough to die the cruelest of deaths so that you could be with Him for all of eternity.  You are “good enough” beloved one and Christ thought so. You are His daughter and He selected you,  to be His daughter (Ephesians 1:4). I don’t know about you but the fact that the King of Kings picked me  , far out ways my concern on if a “earthly man” thinks I am pretty enough. My King thinks I am beautiful and He is enthralled with my beauty (For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. – Ps 45:11).  If that does not make your heart full with happiness I am not sure what will. Take delight in knowing that your Royal Husband picked YOU and that He delights in YOUR beauty.  If  a  earthly man is worthy of your heart,  he will be captivated by your heart for the King .  You want a man who looks and appreciates that beautiful part of your heart , not what you wear, how you act, or how you look. If your life is pleasing your Royal Husband, then sweet one you are on the right path. Keep seeking Him and only the earthly man worthy and deserving of your treasured heart will seek it, guard it and fight for it.  “ You are enough” and your King is saying “ You are a display of MY splendor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment