Happy New Year! We made it to 2015 and I could not be more thrilled
to see what God has planned. As 2014 came to an end I realized how blessed I
was with all that God had provided and continued to show me. He is truly a God
that never fails. In reflecting on 2014 I was blessed to see so many prayers answered,
His faithfulness shine and His goodness prevail.
I witnessed the sweetest wedding of my
younger sister to the man of her dreams and a man of Christian character and integrity.
I marveled, from the beginning of their love story that God ordained. I was honored
to stand beside them this past year as we all wept with tears of overwhelming
joy as they exchanged the most beautiful vows before Christ . I am ecstatic for
the future for them and cannot wait to see how God is going to use them as a
couple to further His Kingdom.
2014 also showed me how faithful God is and how perfect His
timing is. After having a broken engagement 3 years prior ,God decided to direct my path to a amazing man who I then started a relationship with shortly after. Through the work of God and a
sweet friend, my paths crossed with a soldier who had recently given his life
to Christ. Our first date proved just how amazing this man of God was and what
a gift he was to me . This man stepped
in my life with boldness, dedication and showed me from day one how much he
wanted to be with me. Our relationship
has been beautiful in Christ and has been marked with trials but in it all God
has proven how strong He is to give us each the strength to carry on to one day
closer to each other. Through a relationship of “old fashion “ letter writing, we have both grown so close to each other and
even closer to Christ. God amazes me daily with how He truly takes “ashes” and
turns them into beautiful things .
“and provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on
them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks
of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. Is
61:3”
2014 also brought the sweetest time with family, near and
far and made me so thankful for the immediate family members that I have. A
strong, Christian family that always supports each other and loves each other
no matter what. God simply has me in awe and I am excited to see what He has in
mind for 2015.
No matter what your 2014 brought know that God is faithful,
He is for you and He is with you in the good and bad times! He never allows His
child to hurt without a greater purpose behind it! Let’s go 2015! Shine Him
brightly to this world!
No comments:
Post a Comment