“Chasing after my True Lover”
My
wonderful church, here in Atlanta ,
finished up an amazing series of messages entitled “Boy meets Girl” about three
months ago. What a blessing to hear this series. So thankful that my pastor
took a stand on numerous issues that we as singles face in the dating world
today. It is hard enough in this world as a Christian but as a Christian female
in the dating area it is literally a nightmare. Someone please rescue me and my
fellow sweet, sisters in Christ from the media telling us that we must have a
boyfriend and from the magazines shouting in our faces“10 Ways to Make Him Fall
for You.” Since when did we become the
ones “hunting” the men? I am so sad to
see many young girls these days literally throwing themselves at boys just to
feel needed and wanted in this world. My heart breaks for these beautiful
sisters doing anything just to achieve the love of an earthly man. I want to
scream out to them, “Gorgeous sister, you are treasured, you are cherished and
you were fought for by your True Lover, Jesus.” The Lord has placed a few
things on my heart after listening to this wonderful talk. Through this I have
taken away two main points. One, I must have my roots completely grounded in my
one true lover, Jesus, before even starting a relationship and two I must trust
Him in all of this. I must have trust in the Lord to bring me my prince
charming.
Where is
your true happiness and love found? Is it in trying to catch the eye of the
handsome man across the room or in trying to become the best Christian woman and
future wife you can become? I encourage you sweet sister, that during this time
to chase after your one True Lover. Seek
His face and grow in Him. You must be fully rooted in Him before you even think
about a dating relationship with an earthly man, who will make mistakes and
fail you. I often hear sweet sisters say “that if I just had a boyfriend,
everything would be fine and I would be happy.” Dear, sister that is a lie from
this world, from the media, and from magazines flooding the racks of stores
everywhere. As a fellow sister in Christ I beg you to not enter a relationship
with an earthly man with that kind of approach. You are setting that
relationship up for failure. No earthly man can give you unfailing love like Jesus
can and please to not put that kind of pressure on a brother in Christ. While,
I truly believe in a boy and girl meeting, getting married and staying married
for life, if you put all your hope in this earthly man when he fails you, and
he will, the relationship is going to come crumbling down. This is one reason
why the divorce rate is so high because we as women have the mindset, that if I
have a man then all my hopes, dreams and fairytales will come true and dear
sister that is not reality. While an earthly man can provide you with wonderful
love and companionship through this life together he cannot provide you with
that deep, perfect, unfailing love. Jesus is the only man who can bring you that
love and peace and you must find your true love in Him before reaching out for
the love of an earthly man. The Lord is
jealous for you dear sister and He wants all of your attention and love. He
wants to be your one and only. He wants
all of your heart and wants you to seek him in everything, including men. I
love how many of us think that the Lord would not be able to pick out our mate
but whom better then to pick out our husband then our heavenly Father. After all, He knows us the best right? He
created you, so of course He does. My
dear sister, if you trust in Him for your salvation then you must trust Him
with your love life as well. You must place complete trust, peace and rest in
His arms through this time.
As
Christian women we must be fully trusting in the Lord Jesus and knowing that He
is able and will bring us the desires of our heart ( Psalm 37:4). I am not sure
if you are like me but this is something that is hard for me. To completely
surrender to the Lord and say “Lord, I trust you to bring my future husband to
me.” I must surrender that though and
believe and trust in the Lord for that desire, otherwise I am going to be a
wreck in knowing which man is for me and which one is not. (Psalm 37: 7).
“ You will keep in
perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trust in you. Trust in
the Lord forever, for the Lord , the Lord, is the Rock eternal. “ – Isaiah
26:3-4
I claim this over you dear one. I pray that you and I will
trust fully in the name of Jesus in this. That we will trust and have perfect
peace as we wait on the Lord to bring our “number 2” man into our life , because
remember, Jesus holds our number one spot.
The Lord promises He will not withhold any good thing from
us as we walk with Him. We must trust and believe that. (Psalm 84:11). Take courage in knowing that the Lord can
already see this in your future. He can already see what your future looks like
and He calls us to simply walk with Him through all of it (Philippians 3:14).
One more
thing the Lord placed on my heart through hearing this series is that as we wait
for our future husband, as future Christian wives we should be praying for our
man. I encourage you sweet sister that as you wait, lift your future husband to
the throne of Jesus. The Lord knows exactly who your future husband is, so He
knows the name that you are lifting up to Him, even though you may not. Pray
that your future husband will look to the Lord as the head of his life ( 1
Corinthians 11:3, Ephesians 5:23). Ask the Lord to bless your future husband
with the mind of Christ today and to renew his mind in Christ ( 1 Corinthians
2:16, Romans 12:2). Dear sister, pray for your husbands eyes, that he will not
be tempted in this evil world by the evil things of this world (Matthew 6:13,
Psalm 37:27-28). Ask God to open your future husband’s eyes to see the mercy of
God and faithfulness in this world today. (Lamentations 3:23, Psalm 27:13). Ask
the Lord to guide your future husbands feet today directly towards the Lord (Proverbs
4:25-27, Psalm 128:1).
I am praying for all of you as well and knowing that the
Lord has a wonderful plan for your life and has a wonderful man to lead you in
this life to bring glory and honor to the name of Jesus together ( Ephesians
5:31). What a beautiful picture. Marriage is a walking example of the relationship
we have with Christ (Ephesians 5:25, 32). Get ready dear sister. Pray and
prepare to become the woman of your future husband’s dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment