Monday, July 2, 2012

Be Careful Little Eye What You See



“I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me.” Psalm 101:3


“Fifty Shades of Grey” and “Magic Mike” have both become big topics on every media outlet and as a Christian woman in this world I feel the need to share my opinion on this book and movie that have taken over my facebook wall and twitter feed.

            Let me start by saying that this is only my opinion and how I will live my life as a woman of the Lord. I do not judge any sweet friends who have read this book or gone to see this movie and I respect every ones opinion on this but for my Christian lady friends I urge you to please consider all this before reading this book or going to see this movie. I will add that I have not read “Fifty Shades of Grey” or seen” Magic Mike” and I do not intend to do either of those because of three reasons: It is not honoring to my King Jesus, it is not respectful to my future husband and it is not beneficial to my mind.

            As a child of the King I am called to be set apart from this world.  I am a daughter of the King and I am supposed to be a light to this dark world.


“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.” – Matthew 5:14

 How can I be a light to this world if I submit to this world?  How are my eyes and thoughts fixed on different things, then of this world, if I say that reading “Fifty Shades of Grey” and watching “Magic Mike “are both fine for me to do? I am bought with the perfect blood of Jesus. My True Lover gave His all for me and I must stand up and follow His commands in this or I am no different then any other female in this world. (1 John 2:4). As a Christian woman I am suppose to be praying everyday and asking the Lord to guide and protect me from the evil one and the evil in this world, which includes evil in the form of books and movies ( Matthew 6:13). I know some of you might say, “Well that is crazy, it is just a book or it is just a movie” but sweet sister, is it? (1 Corinthians 15:33) What are you letting your eyes feast on when you watch “Magic Mike” and what are you letting your mind immerse in, when you read “Fifty Shades of Grey?” Magic Mike is three or more of Hollywood’s biggest named actors portrayed as strippers and pimps. How is that honoring your King dear sister?  As Christians we fight to end human trafficking in the church.  We tell men in the church that pornography is wrong and if our boyfriend, fiancé, husband or pastor is caught doing it their ministry and family is at stake. So what are we as Christian women doing? We ask and expect our brothers in Christ to guard their eyes, yet we think it is fine for us as women to watch and see these wicked things?  Dear sister, as a future Christian wife we are also suppose to guard our eyes and mind for our future husbands.

            I do not know who the Lord will place in my life to marry but I can say right now that I love him enough to say that I will not go and watch a Hollywood movie with half naked men in it nor will I read a book that makes me have unclean thoughts.  I want my eyes and my mind to be as pure for my future husbands as they can be. I adore my future husband that much already to save myself for him ( Proverbs 31:10).  . Ladies, I urge you to flee from this book and movie that is filled with sexual immorality.

“ Flee from sexual immorality . All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. “- 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 

 Honor your body beloved because in doing this you honor your future husbands as your bodies will become one in marriage. (Ephesians 5: 31).  In this I am not only respecting my future husband but I am also guarding my mind.
 Sisters we are suppose to guard our minds ( Philippians 4: 7). We are supposed to think on things that bring glory and honor to our King.

 “ Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right , whatever is pure, whatever is lovely , whatever is admirable ---- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ---- think about such things.” Philippians 4: 8


I am sorry but I do not see how “Magic Mike” or Fifty Shades of Grey” have apart in the life of a Christian female. Ladies, I urge you to please guard your mind and flee from the evil of this world (James 4:7, 1 Timothy 6:11).  Hollywood has made a mockery of the Lord in producing this movie and this book. Please join me in standing up and saying no to Hollywood in this.  Honor your King, Jesus, respect your future husband and guard your mind. I know without a doubt that there is nothing in that book or in that movie that I am missing out on, because I have been promised the Kingdom of the Lord (Matthew 25:34, Luke 12:31).


1 comment:

  1. Excellent and timely reminder. Particularly proud of you b/c of your stand in addressing the importance of Christian ladies keeping their thoughts pure, not just men. Also, Prov. 31 reminds us that our goal is to "do him good and not evil ALL the days of our life."

    ReplyDelete